Brookdale Community College
soccer player Devin Hope
|“Without the concussion testing that Dr. Bertone offers, I would have begun playing too soon after my injury which possibly could have resulted in more damage to my injury. Taking the right amount of time off is the key to preventing relapses; his testing informs athletes the necessary time off needed to heal and get back out on the field.”|
We have combined the services of Axon Sports and Biodex Medical Systems, Inc. to perform a Computerized Cognitive Assessment Tool (CCAT) and the Clinical Test for the Sensory Integration of Balance (CTSIB) to use for baseline and post injury comparison of cognitive and balance function.
- Attention Parents: Read About Concussions in Sports
- Parents – Concussion Recognition Tool and Steps to Monitor a Concussion (From Brain Injury Alliance of New Jersey)
- Concussion Management Process
- Play it S.A.F.E Concussion Guidelines
- Axon Sports Baseline Test Report
- Sample CTSIB Test
- Sideline Assessment Algorithm and Guidelines
- Axon Sports Baseline Cognitive
- FAQ’s of Baseline Concussion Testing Program
- Click here to read “Back in the Game,” an article from the Asbury Park Press, featuring Dr. Bertone’s Concussion Management Program.
- Post Concussion Instructions
For more information about Concussion Baseline Testing, or to schedule a Concussion Baseline Test, contact db Orthopedic Physical Therapy.